Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Turkey Day Redux

This past Saturday, Peta and I rolled on down to Menlo Park in Lucy, her cherry red Mini Cooper, for a second Thanksgiving with some of my old college friends and their families. We picked up Cliff in SF and kept trucking South.

We brought a chess pie made from the recipe on the epicurious site. The filling was from that recipe sans the compote, but the crust was made by Peta from a Marie Claire cookbook. I highly recommend this Southern dessert, and I am not a dessert person. It won't keep the pounds off, but it's not too sweet either.

Everything was tasty: Angela's salad (with cilantro!), Leah's sweet potatoes (we burned the marshmallows on the top, but she fixed it) and mashed, Michael's turkey and stuffing, my gravy (Peta helped make it better with vinegar because I over did it on the schmaltz manié) and Pam's wonderful chocolate tart.

We brought a magnum of wine from Domaine Carneros, but I can't remember what kind.

Happy Belated Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment